Lemon, Ginger & Pistachio Loaf Recipe from Neha at Mostly food and travel
Neha is one of my favourite bloggers. Her recipes have me drooling over my keyboard and her travel posts are so informative. I also love pistachio and this cake sounds amazing, I will definitely be making it!
Some of my favourite ingredients are lemon, ginger and pistachio and what better way to combine them than in a cake. The recipe below give you at least 6 slices.
1 Lemon (peel for the cake and juice for later)
4 oz stork or softened butter
4 oz caster sugar
5 oz self-raising
1 tsp baking powder
2 large lightly beaten eggs
2 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon ground pistachio
1 tsp ground ginger
For decoration and crunchy top: Stem ginger, chopped pistachios, icing sugar, lemon juice from the lemon above and 1 tablespoon caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
2. Mix the butter and sugar into a creamy mixture. I always find doing this first gives the cake a better texture.
3. Sieve the self-raising flour then add the ground pistachios, ground ginger , baking powder, lemon rind in a separate bowl
4. Combine the mixtures and add the eggs and milk. Beat the ingredients until well combined
5. Put the mixture into a greased loaf tin
6. Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until ready. The cake should spring back when pressed in the centre
7. Leave to cake to cool in the tin for a few minutes before turning it out and placing it on a wire rack
8. Whilst the cake is warm, mix 1/2 of lemon juice with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar into a runny consistency and evenly pour over the cake.
“I was born in Kenya but have lived in the UK since 1999. My mum is a good cook and that is where I get my appetite for cooking and great taste. I am a big foodie. I love travelling and prefer it to be
adventurous & full of culture. Blogging is my hobby and somewhere I share some of the things I love in life. My blog URL is https://mostlyfoodandtravel.com/ and my Instagram handle is mostlyfoodandtravel”