Yet another chicken thigh recipe using the Freshly Spiced Za’atar spice blend. I love the Freshly Spiced mixes, the flavours are always very strong, they smell delicious and they make cooking so much easier. They are the perfect help on a busy weekday evening and are so much tastier than the usual shop bought blends. They all come in resealable pouches so that you can keep them fresh for longer and they are all mixed by hand by Tom and the team.
This easy chicken recipe uses the Freshly Spiced Za’atar blend. to be honest I was struggling to know what to do with this so I grabbed a lot of random ingredients from my kitchen cupboard that I thought may compliment the spice blend, chucked it all into a bowl and started mixing. Thankfully it turned out to be delicious! The blends are so versatile and keep for ages in the cupboard while retaining their flavours so have a play around and see what you can come up with!
Za’atar chicken thigh recipe, feeds 2
6 chicken thighs, skin on
2 tbsp Freshly Spiced Za’atar spice blend
1 lemon, juice and zest
3 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Small handful of mint leaves, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1) Add the Za’atar blend, lemon juice and zest, oil, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and mint into a bowl and mix until combined.
2) Add in the chicken thigh and cover in the marinade.
3) Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours in the fridge, the longer the better.
4) When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180° and cook for 30-40 minutes until cooked through and the skin is golden brown.
5) Serve with rice and veggies.